Wednesday, September 10, 2014

CRAZY Hair Day

It's Spirit Week at school and today was CRAZY HAIR day. I think it's safe to say that our expectations were met. 

Lily asked for a ponytail that stuck straight up and was covered in bows. There isn't even a bow left in our box!








Kaylee didn't know what she wanted. This is what we came up with. I tried to convince her to leave her braids sticking straight out so she had helicopter hair (see below) but she wanted them twisty. I still think it's pretty cute. Then we started talking about birthday cakes (for some reason) and she decided she wanted candles in her hair.  So here is her firecracker 'do. 









Helicopter Hair







Mallory cried when we went out the door because her "crazy hair" wasn't fixed yet. We did hers as soon as we got home from taking the big girls to school. She asked me to do "two braids that stick out like Lily's". 









Riley goes to school later than the other girls and she wanted to wait to do her hair so that she could play and not mess it up. Smart girl. She was also a fan of Lily's hair except she wanted "a ribbon that twists all the way around and a bow on top". 









We had so much fun fixing their hair today. We laughed and giggled the whole time. These silly girls are the best.

 I'm so happy they are brave enough to do this kind of stuff. Kaylee has never done crazy hair day (or crazy anything day) because she is so shy and she does not like to draw attention to herself. Lucky for her, she has a sister who was somehow blessed with an I-don't-care-what-people-think-I-just-want-to-have-fun personality and it has helped Kaylee break free from her shy chains many times throughout her little life. I am SO THANKFUL that Lily isn't too self  conscious to do these silly things. I would have never done this as a child and Michael wouldn't have either because we were both so painfully shy! I have no idea how Lily was fortunate enough to skip out on that gene but it has been of great benefit to her and her sisters!

ahhhh, I love my family

2 comments: