Thursday, March 2, 2017

Grandpa's House

A few weeks ago we took the kids to Disneyland and had a fun day full of noise, color, entertainment, food, running around, and activity. That night we drove 45 minutes north to my grandpa's house and spent the next day with him and his wife. Our day at his house was the opposite of the previous day. It was calm and quiet, slow paced, full of good, quiet conversation, and peaceful.

We picked oranges off the tree for breakfast. Cecil was kind enough to peel them for us! We watched grandpa sort through his pennies; he keeps all of the ones from 1982 and before. Lily had a ukulele lesson; I love watching them play together. The kids played games and got along happily. We spent time in his cute little backyard and Grandpa showed me the plants he has coming up in his garden; he is excited about his tulip bulbs that he brought home from New York. 

I love this place, the tree, the people, the atmosphere. Disneyland is magical, but it could never compare to the feeling of peace and love in our grandparents' home.






















4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore these photos. And that place. And especially our grandpa. Can I get you to send me a few photos from this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I'll send some. Also, I recently found a folder of photos that I took around his house a few years ago. I'll try to find them and get those to you too. Love you, Melysa!

      Delete
  2. how sweet-memories that will last forever because you captured them in photos. Happy grandpa...and grand kids and FAMILY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so thankful for memories like these!

      Delete