Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the fourth of july

We had SUCH a great 4th of July. It's kind of hard to remember now since it was OVER a month ago! 
We had a fun cookout in our front yard with our friends, the Fentons and the Butlers (formerly known as Matt and Mandy:) Zach and his cute girlfriend, Rachel came too. Our girls just adore her.
We sat and visited for hours, it was splendid. We love our friends. 
Later in the evening we went to the Rexburg Rodeo. Matt, Mandy, and Taylor came with us and then we all watched the fireworks together in our special firework spot. After the show was over we came home and set off all of the fireworks that came in Michael's ginormous firework box. I couldn't believe my eyes when he came home with it. I was so excited to light fireworks because I reeeeeally wanted to try a long exposure photo with Matt and Mandy. I came down with mastitis that night and felt so terribly sick but I stuck it out 'til the end of our firework session and it was totally worth it because the picture turned out just the way I had imagined it (last photo). 
Anyway, the 4th has always been my favorite holiday. It's always full of sunshine, good food, and great company. Plus, I love this awesome little country that we live in. May God always watch over and bless America! 
 Riley in her "America Baybing Suit"


 Cutest baby


 out of focus but STILL the cutest thing I've ever seen!


a look into the future? (jk. or hk -half kidding-, as Shane would say)

I made matching headbands for me and Lily. 

 Rachel, Mallory, me



Taylor in his homemade water proof cast cover.


love.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your girls are the CUTESET! And I love your headband! I want to make one! This pic of Matt and Mandy is so adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that pic when you posted it on facebook, but sERIOULSYSSS! now knowing how sick you were too I think its TRIPLE amazing! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete