Thursday, December 2, 2010

Self Portrait

Here is my self portrait assignment. As I thought about his assignment I realized it wouldn't make sense for me to do a self portrait without my children. I go by the name, Mom, 99% of the time. Every hour of everyday is spent teaching, helping, thinking of, and caring for my kids. I think sometimes women with young children lose their identities in a sort of way and I think it's okay. They are not who they once were. Once you become a mother, you become a whole new person. But maybe its not so much losing an identity as it is gaining a new one.


























I love this photo because it shows my life as it is. Half naked kids, toys all over the place, messy hair, and happiness. When I think about my life, this is the picture I see, and I love it.


11 comments:

  1. Katie, my sweet daughter. I am so proud to be your mother. Your self portrait and the words you expressed are equally beautiful. It made me all teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this photo. I wish a photo of me as a mom would have me looking so happy and content. I think I would probably look crazy-eyed.

    Did you use a timer and a tri-pod? How many pictures did you take? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a great and creative way to express yourself...you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Sarah, I used a tripod and remote control for my camera and took like a million pictures. This one is actually a composite of 2 images because I LOVED the way the girls looked in the background, but I was laughing in the original and I was all blurry. ALSO I got pretty frustrated by the end of our "photo shoot" because the girls didn't want to jump on the couch anymore. For ONCE!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fantastic! LOVE the idea and your words. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! My fav so far and I love that your mom loved it. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing shot! Totally love it. It's so real to life. Plus, you have super cute dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. it shows you and part of you. :)

    ReplyDelete